Urologists specialize in the structure, functioning and disorders of the urinary tract which includes the kidneys, ureters, bladder and urethra. Urologists also treat the male reproductive tract.
A urogynecologist manages clinical problems in women associated with dysfunction of the pelvic floor and bladder. Pelvic floor disorders affect the bladder, reproductive organs, and bowels.
Christopher Ripperda, MD
Christopher Ripperda, MD completed his fellowship training in Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery (also known as Urogynecology) after his residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology at University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center/Parkland Hospital. He attended medical school at Rush Medical College in Chicago.
He offers a variety of non-surgical and surgical options and tailors his approach to the wishes and needs of each individual patient. His surgical interests include vaginal, laparoscopic, robotic, and abdominal approaches to the treatment of pelvic floor disorders.
Dr. Ripperda’s areas of interest include:
- Pelvic organ prolapse, bladder prolapse, dropped bladder
- Overactive bladder
- Urinary incontinence (Stress, Urge, Mixed), leaky bladder
- Posterior Tibial Nerve stimulation (PTNS) for urge urinary incontinence
- Diagnostic Procedures: urodynamic, cystoscopy
- Urinary tract fistula
- The evaluation of microscopic hematuria
- Fecal incontinence
- Urethral bulking for stress urinary incontinence
- BOTOX injection for overactive bladder/refractory urge incontinence
- Sacral nerve stimulation
Dr. Ripperda’s primary practice is in Ft. Worth and he will see patients in Glen Rose the third Wednesday of the month.
To schedule an appointment with Dr. Ripperda, call his main office in Ft. Worth at 817-923-5559
Elizabeth Weaver Nurse Practitioner
Urogynecology & Women’s Integrative Health Care Services
Elizabeth Weaver, Nurse Practitioner, shares her 32 years of nursing experience, the last 16 years which have focused on promoting wellness/disease prevention in the specialty of urology/gynecology. Elizabeth has become an integral part of Dr. Chris Ripperda’s urogynecology team.
Elizabeth started her career as an Air Force Nurse. She has been married to her husband, Steve, for 30 years. Elizabeth has resided in Aledo, Tx. for the past 24 years and is a competitive triathlete, as well as a clogging dancer, volunteers at her church, and at The Mercy Clinic in Ft Worth.
Elizabeth’s passion is enabling her patients to be the best version of themselves by using an empathetic and caring approach to health care. Elizabeth’s approach is not the standard medical approach, but rather an integrative approach stressing lifestyle modifications, nutrition, and physical well-being.
Areas of Specialties:
- Annual Exams and Wellness Visit, Disease Prevention and Awareness
- Menopausal Interventions & Hormonal Treatment Options including Pellet Therapy
- Women’s Care from Adolescence to Advanced Aging
- Bladder Disorders/ PTNS, Acupuncture for Over Active Bladder Symptoms
- Pelvic Pain
- Vulvodynia/Vaginal Pain
- Chronic Urinary Tract Infections
- Chronic Vaginal Infections (Yeast and Bacterial)
- Vaginal Atrophy/Pessary Insertion and Management
- Female Sexual Dysfunction
Pelvic Floor Therapy, for Pelvic Organ Prolapse and Bladder Symptoms